Saturday, March 1, 2008

Planet Bombay

I ordered from Planet Bombay last night, and it wasn't as good as the first time I ordered from there. I just don't know what went wrong. I got the same things: order of nan, order of Chana Masala, and an order of Chicken Saag. I mean, it was good. It just wasn't great.

Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was ordering on a Friday night instead of a weeknight. The Chana Masala was runny and not spicy. The Chicken Saag was bland. Oh! And they put my Chana Masala in a broken plastic container. I got that sauce EVERYWHERE.

This is after a weird interaction in the restaurant too. The first frustrating thing about this restaurant is that the only parking they have is a paid parking lot. So you have to explain that you are just picking up food and will be right back, and the parking attendant looks at you like you are probably lying. That sucks.

When you get inside the restaurant, there's an overwhelming smell of curry. It's on you when you leave. Which is why I want to get in and out of there as quickly as possible. You have to walk to the back to get your order. So I do, and they ask me to sit. Fine, but I'm hoping they'll hurry since they already told me it would take 25 minutes, and I've given them 40 by the time I get there.

And I sit. And sit. And I'm trying to make contact with a server, but they are ignoring me. Then, a guy comes in to put covers over the fish aquarium in the restaurant. So I have to get up to get out of his way. A server stops to ask me to sit. All the available seats are taken at this point, so I tell him so, and said that I would be happy to just settle so I can clear out. No love.

Finally, I get my food. But I mean, come on! If it's going to take an hour, tell me it's going to take an hour!

I will go back, since that's not the experience I had the first time. But I'm hoping it doesn't happen again...

No comments: