Sunday, March 2, 2008

Supper club!

We had our second installment of supper club last night. It was at Laura's house and she chose Mexican as the theme. There were nine people there: Laura/Gary, Heather/Chris, me/Jenny, Amanda/no guest, and Neely and her husband as the guests).

I thought it was a lot of fun! I wasn't sure exactly how it was going to work since her place is so small, but it did. In fact, it was probably more successful than mine since the dining room table was in the living room, rather than being separate. She also had two less people, which helps.

I made Tortilla Soup from the ATK cookbook. I thought it was a total success, and everyone seemed to like it. I did the prep at home, and then the assembly at Laura's. It was difficult because of the limited space, since there is a fair amount to assemble. But it worked out.

Laura made chicken quesadillas, Amanda "made" guacamole, cheese dip, and salsa (thanks, La Paz!), and Heather made a dessert called "chocolate goo pie". Despite the horrendous name, the dessert was good! She said it wasn't particularly Mexican, so she added toasted cinammon-sugar tortillas to make it more so. I would have liked to have more of that. Yum!

No comments: