Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Chicken Tender Parmasan

I subscribe to Saving Dinner's recipes. I find the service to be pretty nice. All the recipes are healthy (Leanne Ely, pictured right, is the nutritionist who makes the mailers), and there's a pretty nice variety of things. Plus, each weekly mailer comes with a grocery list, broken into sections (meat, produce, dairy). The best thing for me is that she does a mailer for servings of two. This is perfect for a person living alone. My typical routine is to cook the meal for dinner, eating one serving, then have the other serving for lunch. This way, I can practice portion control. Good stuff.

So, last night, I ate Chicken Tenders Parmesan with Sauteed Garlic Spinach. Thoughts:

The main dish actually called for turkey, but I had chicken on hand. It was really good! I think that in the past, I have not given the pan and the oil time to heat up, and I did this time. So, even with the non-stick pan, I had nice browning. The taste was delicious -- I wanted much more than one serving, and at 5 Weight Watcher points, it was possible, so I did.

The spinach I put together was way simple. Just added some spinach to a pan with EVOO and about a 1/2 tsp of minced garlic. I wish I had made more of that. It is also super low-cal. I had more spinach I could make, but I got lazy.

No comments: