Monday, January 7, 2008

Dinner with Kelley & Kevin at Tierra

Mike came in this Saturday. He has finally left Florida! Celebration! Hooray!

We had dinner with Kelley and Kevin at Tierra, which is a restaurant that I have always thought was a clothing store. It's on Piedmont, close to the gym. We had a nice meal, although I thought service was a tad slow.

I got the roasted beet salad. Not sure what I was thinking! Beets! Ewww. I was hoping they were going to be like a salad that I had gotten a long time ago at this restaurant up in Alpharetta, but thinking back on it now, I realize that they fried their beets. Big difference. I let Mike eat most of the beets.

For dinner, I ordered a special, which was corvina. It was good. Not exceptional. I'm not sure whether I'd come back to this restaurant or not. It wasn't bad. It just isn't worthy of repeat.

I also got pretty drunk. Kelley suggested a bottle of wine, which just the two of us drank. When I left the restaurant, I couldn't figure out how to get out of the plastic thing they hang to keep the cold out. Dumbass!

We went for drinks afterward (just what I needed!) at P'Cheen, a bar near my home that Kelley introduced me to. I love this place! It has a mellow vibe, and good beer selection, and isn't ridiculously crowded. And it's near my house! I hear the food is good, but I have yet to try it.

No comments: