Saturday, January 26, 2008

Rusans, that was just sloppy.

Update (03/05/2008):
Just wanted to update that I had RuSan's again recently -- not sure exactly when -- and they were back up to their normal standards. Phew! I was nervous that I had lost my local, cheap sushi!!
***

I am finally back in Atlanta, where 37 degrees now feels balmy. I decided to pick up some sushi for dinner because I have no food in the house. Rusan's, of course.

I typically just order one of their sushi samplers, which has nigiri and a random roll. This time, I decided to order a la carte: four different types of sashimi and a spicy tuna roll.

Oh, Rusan's! Bad job this time! Ordinarily, my ratings of Rusan's are high! I mean, it's not top-notch sushi, but it's decent enough, especially since it is so cheap. First, the fish this time just didn't seem as good as usual. Second, and this more of a note for myself for next time, they put a bunch of spicy brown sauce over the spicy tuna rolls. I could do without that. Finally! They forgot to pack any wasabi! Boooooo.

The wait was also a bit long. I ordered from the Midtown location, across from Ansley, and they said it'd be ready in 15-20 minutes. I arrived 20 minutes later, and had to wait another ten. I know it's not a huge deal, but it's out of the ordinary! Just because you are busy does not mean I should have to wait for medicre sushi with no wasabi!

Another note to self: you don't like red snapper. Don't order again.

I am not writing this place off. I'm confident that this incident was isolated. But I feel it's worth noting. Maybe Friday night is not the night to go to Rusans...

No comments: