Sunday, January 27, 2008

I had to get the bad Rusan's out of my brain.

Update (03/05/2008):
Just wanted to update that I had RuSan's again recently -- not sure exactly when -- and they were back up to their normal standards. Phew! I was nervous that I had lost my local, cheap sushi!!
***

I ordered sushi for a second time this weekend. I know, I know, it's obsessive, but I just couldn't shake the disaster that was Rusan's last night. I forgot to mention in my Rusan's post that they did a terrible job cleaning the fish: some of the skin was showing on more than one type of fish, and I actually had a fish scale on one piece of sashimi. Ick.

So, this time, I ordered from Zuma. It's a bit pricey, but I was desperate. Sushi is one of my favorite things to eat, and I had to get my previous night's experience off the brain.

Zuma did not disappoint. The food was ready when I showed up, and when I got home, I was surprised to see so much! I ordered two different types of sashimi, and on the menu, they said that it would be 3 pieces each. Not only were they large pieces, there were 5 pieces of each! Whoa! Note to self: they hook you up here!

I also had the spicy tuna roll. They put a small amount of a creamy sauce on top, but it was totally unobtrusive. Could take it or leave it.

The meal was delicious. All the fish tasted fresh, seemed clean, and looked good enough to eat.

So I did.

No comments: