Thursday, January 10, 2008

Feta Chicken with Zucchini

Another meal from Saving Dinner. If you are reading my blog, you're probably going to see a fair share of these.

Tonight, I cooked Feta Chicken with Zucchini. I also made a second attempt at the Roasted Potatoes that I tried when I cooked for Mike. The ATK cookbook provides variations on some recipes, so this time I tried Roasted Potatoes with Feta, Olives, and Oregano (141).

The chicken was good. I didn't really think that the zest was needed. There was already so much lemon in that dish. It was okay, but I probably wouldn't make that again.

The potatoes were cooked exactly as the recipe called for. I got nice browning this time. But maybe too much brown. First, I substituted fresh parsley for the oregano, since that's what I have on hand. I also thought to de-stick the potatoes when I took off the foil, which helped tremendously with subsequent cooking issues. When it was all said and done, I just think I like potatoes that are less dark. These were crunchy, but almost too crunchy. I also thought the topping was okay, but the original recipe is much tastier.

No comments: