Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tuna Cakes -- not sure about this one

Tonight's dinner was Tuna Cakes, from Saving Dinner. Not so sure I was going to like this recipe. But I gave it a shot, and it turned out quite good.

The recipe was 8 points per serving, but I felt as though one serving wasn't enough. The cakes were small, so I consider it to be more of an appetizer, rather than a meal. I thought they were very tasty, considering that they were relatively low-cal. Gotta like dill pickles, though. I ended up eating both servings -- 16 points! The recipe actually calls for 7 ounces of tuna -- but cans of tuna are in 6 oz quantities, so I suppose I had a tad less than two servings. But I made up for it in EVOO; I felt that you had to use more oil than the recipe calls for to get adequate browning.

Better try to eat lightly tomorrow.

No comments: