Monday, February 11, 2008

Hanging out in Vinings


Ginny, an old friend from high school, came to visit all the way from Charleston. Laura organized a girl's night out, which turned out to be in Vinings. After sipping on some cocktails, five of us ventured down the hill to eat at Garrison's.

This is a great restaurant. Well, actually, I don't know how affirmatively I can say that: I've only been there twice, and I ordered the same thing both times. But others more adventurous than I agree that it is very tasty. There are two other locations besides Vinings: Perimeter and Duluth.

I ordered the lobster bisque and the house salad, which is greens tossed in raspberry vinaigrette with sundried cherries, walnuts, apples and bleu cheese. The salad was a bit overdressed, so I'd order it again with the dressing on the side. But overall, YUM!

We also had drinks. Note to self: be sure to say you only want your martini lightly dirty.

After dinner, we went to Meehan's for a cocktail or three. Interestingly enough, there were cops in there with cops-in-training, and they were asking people if they wanted to participate in field sobriety tests for the sake of teaching a trainee on a legitimately drunk person. Amanda volunteered, and I was able to take some incriminating photos: insta-blackmail.

The bar was nice -- I'd definitely go back.

No comments: