Monday, February 25, 2008

Sunday grub

On my last day in Charlotte, Mike and I finally went over to Mac's Speed Shop to try out their BBQ. It was good! I'd definitely go back there. We each got a pulled pork BBQ sandwich, which comes with slaw and a side. Then we decided to split a veggie plate so we could try out additional sides. So, the sides we had were:
  • Mac and cheese: Good, but nothing exceptional.
  • Onion rings: Greasy goodness.
  • Hush puppies: Heavenly, but they only gave us three! WTF! Don't be stingy!
  • Collard greens: That was all Mike. But he seemed to enjoy them.
  • Green bean casserole: I wanted to like it more than I did. It was good with the cheese that was baked on the top of it, but not really without it.
  • Slaw: OK. Your basic slaw.
  • BBQ: Yum!

They also have a HUGE beer selection. I was a tad hungover, so no beer for me. Could be a good place to grab a beer or two on the weekend, even if it is a restaurant first and foremost.

I'd definitely go back here.

For dinner, we were not very hungry since we snacked at the mall, so we just got the Insalata Carrabba from Carabba's, as well as a bowl of a lentil soup that we split. It was yummy! We also got a strawberry cheesecake, because we are gluttonous. Note to self: be sure to check the bag before leaving the restaurant. We ended up with a small bowl of minestrone instead of our strawberry topping. Mike also asked for them to add chicken to the salad, but they didn't. Booooo.

They did include some crusty bread, which was nice. Even though we didn't eat it.

No comments: