Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm done with the Subway at 10th and Piedmont

I used to love going to this Subway. I know that they are all about the same, but at this one, I could:
a) order online
b) get to it easily
c) get in and out quickly because it's ready when I get there
d) pay with a debit card
e) the sandwiches were always made well
f) the guys who ran it were super nice and knew me by face.

So, now?

New owners.

How could it be that bad? Well, for one thing, they only accept cash. I mean, come ON. Really? REALLY?? In this day and age, I can't use a debit card at the local Subway?!

OK, so my list again:
a) order online
I can still do this.

b) get to it easily
No longer -- not with the construction on 10th AND on Piedmont

c) get in and out quickly because it's ready when I get there,
There's never any parking anymore, probably related to the construction

d) pay with a debit card,
Nope. Cash only.

e) the sandwiches were always made well
The last sandwich I got was so poorly wrapped the food partially fell out of it in the plastic bag.

f) the guys who ran it were super nice and knew me by face.
The new woman sneered at me, and didn't appear to know more vocabulary than the words "Cash only" and a couple of gesturing grunts. But I'm assuming that she is indeed literate because the last time I stopped by, there was a sign on the locked door saying that they had to close temporarily, with no further explanation, despite the fact that there was no warning of this when I ordered online. I understand that the application might not be built to handle this, but it does ask for my cell phone number, which they could have called to save me the trip.

Unfortunately, that was the most convenient Subway to me, so I'm going to have to find a replacement store. Sigh... I really liked those other guys.

No comments: