Monday, February 4, 2008

A new brunch spot!

For brunch on Sunday, Mike and I went to Solstice Cafe over in Grant Park. I read about it on Yelp, and wasn't disappointed at all! First, there was no wait, and we were able to sit outside, as it was really nice on Sunday.

I ordered the BLFGT (Bacon, Lettuce, Fried Green Tomato sandwich), which had goat cheese on it. SO. GOOD. It was served with their house salad, which had pears, strawberries, and goat cheese in it. Two major thumbs up.

I'm trying to remember what Mike ordered, but I can't seem to recall. Probably because I was engrossed in my own mean. I do remember that had homefries with his that were crunchy and good. Good thing to remember, since few places seem to prepare decent breakfast potatoes.

Oh, and they serve little bottle Cokes. Cute.

Only critique is that our friendly server fell off the face of the earth at the end of the meal, and finally Mike had to round her up inside. But my sandwich was totally worth the small inconvenience. I'll definitely be back.

No comments: